Killer Phrases - Which ones hold back your continuous improvements?
1. A good idea, but …
2. Against company policy
3. All right in theory
4. Can’t do it in a cGMP area
5. Costs too much
6. Don’t start anything yet
7. It needs more study
8. It’s not budgeted
9. It’s not good enough
10.It’s not part of your job
11.Let’s make a survey first
12.Let’s sit on it for a while
13.That’s not our problem
14.That needs a change control
15.The boss won’t go for it
16.It might introduce risk
17.The old timers won’t use it
18.Too hard to administer
19. We have done it this way for a long time & it works
20. If it was good, it would have been done before
21. Ahead of the times
22. Let’s discuss it
23. Let’s form a committee
24. We’ve never done it that way
25. Who else has tried it?
26. We’re on the target, why do we have to do better?
27. That needs to go to governance
28. We’ll have to socialize it
29. We don’t have the resources
30. That will require an SOP change
31. That’s not validated
32. We don’t have the bandwidth
33. I don’t have permission
34. I assumed someone else took care of it.
"We already know that making an improvement
can be challenging so don’t tell me all the challenges.
Instead, tell me the solutions! - What must we do
to make this improvement?"